[TowerTalk] HARDHATS WHILE CLIMBING?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HARDHATS WHILE CLIMBING?
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Mon Aug 11 16:36:06 2003
Was talking with a ham buddy and we somehow got on the
subject of hardhats. I always wear one when part of
the ground crew or usually when climbing with another
person. However, when I climb my own tower solo, I
usually wear the baseball type hat. I figure that I
didn't leave anything up on the tower to fall and hit
me. Probably not good thinking! Anyway, I might be
more inclined to wear one all the time if I had one
that had a chin strap to hold it on. I've had the wind
blow them off and had them fall off (lean out and look
down). What's the collective wisdom out there? I'm
sure that they are available with an arrangement to
hold them on securely.

73, Stew K3ND