[TowerTalk] Re: [FCG] Relays in RF usage

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [FCG] Relays in RF usage
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Aug 13 08:00:43 2003
At 02:25 PM 8/12/03 -0700, Jim Lux wrote:
>Hopefully, too, the mfr has actually tested the particular relay at RF
>rather than blindly scaling from 60 Hz databook values.  If you're making
>a thousand radios, it's worth it to do so.

It's in this connection that I recall a post by W2VJN some years ago
recounting tests of the relays used in their TopTen relay boxes.  Despite
the fact that these 10A-rated relays are very small, and only cost about $2
each in small quantities, George told of successfully testing them
repeatedly at full legal power.  Sort of undermines the big is best theory.

For details, check

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
123 stations were added or updated.
Are you current?