[TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune: Antenna Stirs Static Among Neighbors
From: (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed Aug 13 14:33:47 2003
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:44:20 -0400, "Jim White, K4OJ"
<> wrote:

>You want his towers limited????
I said no such thing.  Read my post again.

>It does not matter how high they are to the neighbors...
Of course it does.  An attitude like yours is why there are "neighbor
problems" in the first place.

>the difference
>between 50 foot and 150 foot as far as height is irrelevant to them...
>it is a tower and to THEIR insensitive bigotry they are all the same...
More nonsense.  A 50 foot tower is quite a different thing from a 150

>I can easily understand the need for two high towers minimum, to support
>a dipole type antenna between them... but that is only for one pair of
>azimuthal options... three towers makes arrays which will be broadside
>to six different areas possible!
Agreed.  The issue here is not radiation effectiveness, it's neighbor

>As far as some people are concerned if the neighbor puts up towers it is
>like a person of the wrong ethnic background moving into their
>neighborhood... they feel unjustifiably incensed and are convinced that
>soon hell will freeze over...

>Neighbors suck... best option is to find area near a pasture full of
>cows - they do not bitch!
Also agreed.  That's partly why I moved out of the city into the
desert where my nearest neighbor is 1000' away and the next one beyond
him is another 1000'.

>I still cannot believe you told this guy he had nerve asking to have
>three towers 90 foot!
I can not believe you misread my post so badly.  Read it again.  I
only said I thought he was pushing the neighbors a bit much.

Bill, W7TI