[TowerTalk] Mobile antennas?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile antennas?
From: (
Date: Fri Aug 15 00:15:09 2003
Greetings, TowerTalkians --

    I have a chance to put a radio in a 26' motorhome. It sounds like the
FT-857 is pretty nifty and better than the IC-706 MK2G. Any comments?

    I understand that the Hi-Q mobile antennas are the ones to beat. Comments

    Now here's a brainstorm - what about mounting a BuddiPole dipole so that
it runs in the same plane as the RV? Sure, it'll stick it out a little on each
end and won't be very high but it should be reasonably efficient. And cheaper
than the Hi-Q. So what didn't I think of? Comments invited.

Steve      K7LXC