[TowerTalk] My local tower restriction

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My local tower restriction
From: (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Fri Aug 15 10:47:37 2003
In the town I'm in, the local ordinance says all residential towers have to
be set back from property boundaries a distance equal to the height of the
tower + 10 ft.  Because of my small lot, this means I would be allowed a
tower 15 feet high.  I'm not sure if this constitutes a PRB-1 violation or
not, but since I don't have a really ambitious tower desire anyway, I've
been advised to go ahead and put up a 40' crank up tube type mast with a 3
el. steppIR yagi (I don't want to go any higher) and see what happens.  It
would be nested down at 20' when not in use.  I already have had up a
vertical that's 38' high for the past 2 years and no hassles about it yet.

Rob Atkinson