[TowerTalk] Mobile antennas?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile antennas?
From: (Paul Playford)
Date: Fri Aug 15 13:30:41 2003
The framework of the motor home may come into play Steve.  My motor home has
a real nice aluminum roof, which makes an incredible groundplane for my
outbacker antenna, and would probably destroy the pattern of any horizontal
antenna that I could put on it.  Climbing up on the roof to change bands is
a PITA though.

I'm not interested in operating hf while on the road as my 32' R-V requires
100% of my attention.

An excellent place to research antennas on motor homes is the Quartsite, AZ
hamfest, held every spring concurrently with the Quartsite rock, mineral and
R-V show.

de Paul, W8AEF