[TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neighbors "rights"
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri Aug 15 17:25:48 2003
...you just couldn 't RESIST that one, now could you Dave

It is news to me that ham radio is not a religious experience...

When the gray line passes overhead and the signals rise up from the
noise on 160 meters, signals from far FAR away places like Japan
suddenly appear...

Events like this still make the hairs on the back of my neck still stand
up after 30 years of this stuff... while I may not worship a leader of
this religion the act of radio communication is in my opinion a
RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE.

SO, don't mess with my religion otherwise you will be in deep trouble
with those who uphold religious freedoms....

Are not towers and antennas a form of Temple - reaching towards deities
not unlike the old Gothic churches did reaching up to the heaven?

Mebbe no flying buttresses are apparent but there are tram lines!

And all these years I am wrong - I had figured those RTTY guys were the
Monks vowed to silence...

Say it ain't so

Jim, K4OJ