I have a fairly modest setup of antennas (high G5RV,
Tribander stuck in the trees, and low fullwave 80m
loop), but have noticed a definite need to do some
fancier antenna switching; for example, to transmit on
the G5RV, but receive on the full wave loop, put one
or the other antennas through a noise canceller, etc.
Does anyone make a 4x4 coax crossbar switch that will
also accomodate send vs. receive antennas?
I'm thinking about building one (my 746Pro doesn't
have rx antenna switching, which started this whole
thing), but if one exists, I should probably check
that out first!
Specs I've been kicking around:
1) Reasonably handle high power (JWS relay suggestion
2) Transmit/Receive configurations auto-switching
3) Have a configuration memory (0=20m tribander, 1=40m
g5rv xmit, loop receive, 2=80m loop)
4) 4x4 or 6x4 config (two radio capability)
5) Tx inhibit line if relays are too slow
6) Cascadable (I aspire to a great antenna farm)
7) "repeats" the TX relay (using FETs) for external
amps (may use up a contact that an amp needs, so
provide an extra).
8) Optional: Tandem switching line for things like
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software