[TowerTalk] Towers on Rock Ledge

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers on Rock Ledge
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 13:29:49 2003
In a message dated 8/18/03 9:59:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time, aa6e@arrl.net
writes:

> Is there any general information available on siting towers on rock?  I
have
>  granite ledge just a foot or less down, so digging the big hole in the
> ground won't do the trick here.

    It's pretty simple. What you can do is to use the rock as the base.
Excavate down to the granite and then drill anchor bolt holes in the rock. You
can
either use expandable rock bolts or epoxy the anchor bolts right into the
rock. Pour some concrete on top so it comes to several inches above grade and
you'll be done.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -