[TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: satellite images on web
From: baycock@direcway.com (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon Aug 18 16:28:26 2003
John- the tabs on mine say "print map" and "e-mail map". However, Bob
Nielsen has done an impressive job- he went to a map with the proper tabs
and move the image area to my place.
He got my house almost dead center!
He sent me a URL that was about six full lines, that put me there, with the
"photo" tabs and all.
he's good at this!
Bill

At 02:30 PM 8/18/2003 -0500, W0UN -- John Brosnahan wrote:

>At 11:27 AM 8/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Bob- I went to Mapquest and to my QTH, but did NOT find an "aerial photo"
>>tab.
>>Did I do something wrong? I can zoom, etc OK. I have used their service
>>may times, but do not remember any photo service.
>>Help!
>>Bill
>
>I didn't recall an aerial tab either but just went over to MapQuest and
>right at the top of the map itself are the two tabs that let you switch.
>
>Just look to the left along the top edge of the map--and you should find it.
>
>73--John   W0UN

Bill Aycock - W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama