[TowerTalk] balcony mounted tower?

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] balcony mounted tower?
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:28:38 -0000

Red, WO0W, gave good need professional
analysis, before considering the balcony as support.

I might add that 20' additional feet of tower is cheap,
when compared with both the cost of the analysis, and
the risks involved.

Jim, N2EA

Mike Wrigglesworth wrote:

>I'm hoping to install a 50' self-supporting tower onto a 12" concrete slab
>that is a balcony on a building within a plant.  The balcony is 17' above
>grade and has a surface 12' x 17'.
>Is this possible or will I need to install a 70' tower in a full foundation
>at grade?
>Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Jim Jarvis
410 439 1073 office
410 439 1074 fax
802 238 6051 cell
All outgoing mail is virus scanned by Norton.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.