[TowerTalk] Tower Eyesore Epilogue: Letter to Chicago Tribune Editor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Eyesore Epilogue: Letter to Chicago Tribune Editor
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 02:00:13 +0000
TT readers will recall the post about 10 days ago concerning a story in the Chicago Tribune reporting the summer of discontent among certain Park Ridge IL residents with regard to a 64' crank-up tower going up.

Today on the editorial page, the Tribune ran a letter from one, Sherry Katz, of Evanston IL, to which I give a hearty amen:

Annoying Neighbors

We recently heard about neighbors reporting a family with three dogs in a town with a two-dog limit ("Oak Park puts family in doggone bind," Page 1, Aug.).

Then we heard about neighbors complaining about a tall ham radio tower that is an "eyesore" ("Antenna stirs static among neighbors," Metro, Aug. 11).

I think that some people must have altogether too much time on their hands.

They should get some hobbies of their own and stop looking around for something to complain about.

Here's some free advice: Mind your own business, don't sweat the small stuff, and be glad that you don't live downwind of a pig farm or near a busy airport.

Plant some nice trees and shrubs. And, for heaven's sake, get a life.

I think she summed up the problem and solution quite nicely.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ

Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus