Re: [TowerTalk] BBC report on bird kills at towers

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BBC report on bird kills at towers
From: "Darrel J. Van Buer" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:13:13 -0700
Remember, we're not talking ham towers, we're talking about those thousand-foot guyed and lighted monsters.
It still sounds like a lot, but it would be scattered over a few acres of guy field. At night, it would be nearly invisible and to a "bird brain" there couldn't be anything that tall. The big hazard is alarmists applying occasional big tower events to everything taller than a tree.
WOØW wrote
10,000 at one site in a single night? That number discredits the report, in my opinion. Think of the pile of that many dead birds. Ever find a victim under your tower?

Darrel J. Van Buer, AK6I