[TowerTalk] ABC's of tower birdkills

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ABC's of tower birdkills
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:23:42 -0000
K1IR provided the following, valuable, site/insight:

The American Bird Conservancy has done research and provides some
information
and a strong point of view on this topic.

http://www.abcbirds.org/policy/towerkill.htm

Their suggested guidelines for communication towers focus on towers being
less
than 200 feet tall, self-supporting, and most importantly - equipped with
the
minimum lighting possible.

-0-

You should read it before commenting further, as it will suggest
the probable source of the BBC story, and eliminate some of the
speculation (including mine own) on this topic.

-0-

My own advice, however, is that we can do little about this topic.
Perhaps we should move on to something else?

N2EA