[TowerTalk] ABC's of tower birdkills

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ABC's of tower birdkills
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:23:42 -0000
K1IR provided the following, valuable, site/insight:

The American Bird Conservancy has done research and provides some
and a strong point of view on this topic.

Their suggested guidelines for communication towers focus on towers being
than 200 feet tall, self-supporting, and most importantly - equipped with
minimum lighting possible.

You should read it before commenting further, as it will suggest
the probable source of the BBC story, and eliminate some of the
speculation (including mine own) on this topic.

My own advice, however, is that we can do little about this topic.
Perhaps we should move on to something else?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.