[TowerTalk] Re: Force 12 C4XL (with elements insulated from boom) - bond

To: "tower talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Force 12 C4XL (with elements insulated from boom) - bonding anelement to boom to allow shunt feeding tower?
From: "Tom Sykes" <nu7j@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:29:50 -0700
I'm building a Force 12 C4XL (2 elements on 40M, plus C-3 tri-bander).  I plan
to shunt feed my Rohn 25G tower on 160M.  However, the elements on the Force 12
antenna are insulated from the boom.  I seem to recall reading some threads on
T-T discussing this issue, but I was unable to locate this info via an archive
search.  (By the way, my guy wires are insulated from the tower).
  If I remember correctly, the 40M reflector can be bonded to the boom without
affecting the antenna performance.  I think someone suggested bonding through a
series inductor (a few turns of wire).  Does anyone have experience or
knowledge with this situation?  (I tried to ask Force 12 this question but was
unable to make contact them this week.)

  Any info would be greatly appreciated!  The antenna is going up on Monday
with help from K7LXC.

  73,

  Tom, NU7J