Re: [TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: An Enlightning Experience
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:12:37 -0500
when i put in my generator transfer switch , i decided to put in a "whole house" protector...before installing the nice looking, metal cased INTERMATIC device,
i opened it up....

looks like every other decent MOV protection device... but buried in some sand-like material to squelch the flames , when the MOVs go byebye....

we all need to remember that MOVs wear out..with surges..and when do we know they are no longer providing protection ?????

since the MOV devices are across all lines & ground; anything connected will be
on the protected line.

bill