RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] MOV's

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [TowerTalk] MOV's
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:23:08 -0400
At 10:31 AM 8/27/03 -0700, Steve Katz wrote:

Since testing MOVs is a chore and a nuisance, I simply avoid using any, and
only buy the "unprotected" outlet strips!

Interesting. Thanks, Steve. When I called Allegheny Power about the status of my whole-house surge suppressor following my lightning hit, I was told that if it had failed I should be able to hear it beeping; if it is silent, so they said, we are still protected. Frankly, I would rather it worked the other way, so I wouldn't wonder whether the "beep" circuit was also fried.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4. 123 stations were added or updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm