Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects

To: "Jerry Keller" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 8 pin rotor quick disconnects
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:05:13 -0400
At 11:47 AM 8/29/03 -0400, Jerry Keller wrote:
Maybe that's because the rotator manufacturer didn't say to pin it? (refer
to K7LXC's Law...)  :-) Jerry K3BZ

Actually, both of my Yaesu rotators have a fifth bolt that is intended to be passed through the mast clamps and the mast. I think they originally did this because they despaired at getting people to tighten the mast clamps properly, so they kept breaking. In any case, my pinned G-1000SDX turned a C-3E and an EF-240S short 40 yagi for 8 years with no hint of problems until a lightning strike took it out.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4. 123 stations were added or updated. Are you current?