[TowerTalk] Re: letter to city

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: letter to city
From: "KG4QDZ" <>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:19:27 -0400
I have considered a crank-up tower, but I see this sort of "crank down when
not in use" quote or clause when reviewing approaches to changing city laws.
I thought crank-up towers took a good bit of effort to raise and lower,
especially the manual ones, and that the cables, etc, were spec'd for
up-down for maintenance and not daily or weekly up and down. I realize THIS
one says 'extensive' non-use, but that's open to interpretation. I've seen
it written "when not in use" as well. If I were to concede to cranking down
when not in use, I was considering running a digipeater on an antenna on it
just so it was always "in use" ;-)

But seriously, how much cranking up and down can it take and how much
trouble is it?

73, Skip

 * The tower being proposed is a crank-up.  In its minimum
height position the top of the antenna will remain below 35'.  I will
keep the antenna below 35' during extensive periods of non-use.  Thus,
one can expect that on the average, it will be below 35'.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.