[TowerTalk] Sigma 40

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sigma 40
From: "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:46:32 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone out there have experience with the Force 12 Sigma 40?
I put one up last year, but took it down about 6 months ago because I wasn't
getting the desired performance from it.  I've decided to give it another
try.  When I put it up last year it took quite awhile to get it tuned.
Does anyone have any "quick tune" tips?  Also, does anyone have any idea why
signals received on my inverted vee (apex at about 40 feet and ends at about 15
feet) would consistently be 3-6 db greater than on the vertical?  As expected,
the QRN level on the vertical is higher (about 1-2 S units).  Is it going
to be worth it or should I just live with the Vee?  I'd love to put up a
rotatable dipole or yagi, but Draconian zoning ordinances make that impossible.