Re: [TowerTalk] 80M attic loop

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M attic loop
From: "Mike Rhodes" <weightdn@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:28:18 -0400
  Wow, that sounds like a lot of power to an indoor antenna! Have not tried
it but would just about bet that with that much power in the attic you are
going to be into everything - lights, phones, computers, stereo, and most
everything else. Would also be a bit concerned about hot spots on the
antenna. Would also suspect that it is going to play like a typical indoor
antenna for reception and the DX will be few and far between.  Is this going
into a single floor home attic? Not much can be done to help an 80 meter
antenna 12 feet off the ground.
  On the flip side, if that is all you can put up, then go for it! It is
better to be on with a compromise antenna than not at all! I would be a
little cautious with the amp on that antenna though.

Good luck and 73 de
Mike / W8DN