[TowerTalk] Winch friction pads

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Winch friction pads
From: David Greer <davidgreer73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:42:20 -0700 (PDT)
The TRX-80 raising fixture on my U.S. Tower TX-455 is
3-4 years old. When tilting the tower down to the
horizontal, I'm getting a loud squeal from the raising
fixture winch. I called Fulton, the winch
manufacturer. They told me the friction pads need to
be replaced and they sent me two sets free. Great
service! Who else has had to replace these pads? It
appears to be a relatively simple process to replace
them. Experiences? Suggestions?
73, Dave, N4KZ

=====
David Greer