RE: [TowerTalk] N connectors

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] N connectors
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:43:38 -0000
Anecdotal evidence is tough... but I once heard of a 2m legal limit amp
that burned out an N connector.  There are lots of unknowns though,
especially since this was on a field setup for a contest. could there
have been water in the connector? was the swr bad?  I once melted down a
UHF connector and a UHF T on 160m when the swr went intermittent and the
op didn't notice it until smoke started coming out from behind the swr
meter, normally at full power those things run dead cold.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net