Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, "Peter Sundberg" <sm2cew@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 06:23:02 -0700
There are Type N (and others) connectors made for wide temperature swings
that have the center contact captured. Among others, W.L. Gore makes them
(although I don't know if they sell the connectors, or just use them on
their own cable assemblies).  Peter's comment just goes to show that you
have to pay attention to ALL the specs on the data sheet. (Those of you
running laptops in your cars and having problems with failures.. have you
ever looked at the max operating temp spec...They're usually something like
30C)