Re: [TowerTalk] Re: TH7 Traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: TH7 Traps
From: "Blake M. Meinecke" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:06:27 -0400
From: "n3drk" <n3drk@triad.rr.com>

> Dont get caught up in all this novelty stuff. The people who push these
non
> trap antennas go by what is in that tribander report and like i said an
> unscientific one at that. One cannot dispute mathematics. Gain is a
product
> of Boom Length.

Personally, I wouldn't put any potential water blocker in the trap holes
unless I lived out in the arid west.  Every time it rains, I have to "boil"
the water out of my low TH3 by turning up the power until it starts working
agn.  During those times, I'm glad to have the C4 above it, no math
required.....

Blake N4GI