Re: [TowerTalk] splicing 9913f

To: EL34GUY@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] splicing 9913f
From: "Jim White, K4OJ" <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:37:18 -0400
Hard to find but they exist - brand X sometimes surfaces on eBay - are:

in line female connectors... (which go on similar to 259's but offer you a female instead of a male end - ready to mate with that other piece of coax's PL259 - AND YOU DO NOT NEED THE BARREL WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF TWO POTENTIAL FAILURES)

If anyone on the list has a source for Amphenol female in line connectors please share that info...

Jim, K4OJ

EL34GUY@aol.com wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I need to splice 2 100 ft runs of 9913F to make it to my new tower setup and was all set to go with a male and female N connector. After reading the threads on using an N connector however, it sounds like I might just as well use pl259's? Is there a better way to join with uhf connectors other than a double female barrel? Thanks and 73.

Mark