Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Question
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:30:19 -0400
My thrust bearing has only two setscrews... at 90 deg to each other.  That's
what led me to think that the thrust bearing is a weight-carrying device, to
take vertical load off the rotator.  Many have told me the setscrews are for
centering the mast.... wouldn't that take 4 setscrews spaced 90 deg?  or 3
at 120 deg?    Jerry K3BZ