Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees

To: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: Question on 80M 4-square amongst trees
From: "J.P. Kleinhaus" <w2xx@cloud9.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:26:37 -0700
Hi Rich:

I used essentially set-up in the 90's from a thickly wooded location (before
I got involved with the group out on Long Island) and it worked like
gangbusters.  The best illustration of it is the 1995 CQWW SSB results where
I pretty much decimated the competition on 80 phone.  The antenna was far
superior to any high dipole we put up most of the time.  I didn't have any
other 4-square to compare it to at the time so I can't say whether it
performed equally to one that would have been out in the clear and made of
free-standing towers etc. but I will tell you that you are not wasting your
time.

J.P. W2XX/7