[TowerTalk] 3M #35 colored electrical tape

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3M #35 colored electrical tape
From: "Mike Gilmer - N2MG" <n2mg@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:09:26 -0700 (PDT)
A year ago or so, I bought several rolls of 3M type
#35 colored electrical tape from Home Depot.  At the
time, the only special colors they carried were white,
red, yellow, blue and green (though the 3M catalog
showed more).  I bought one of each.

Yesterday, however, I noticed for the first time that
HD stocked brown, violet and orange #35.  I don't know
how long they've carried it, or for how long they will
continue.

Although the #35 is not nearly as good as the #33 (or
#88) for "structural" taping, I have used #35 to mark
aluminum tubing and other things left in the weather
and it holds up pretty well if "stuck to itself" in a
wrap.  However, once you begin to peel it, you realize
that it has become rather brittle.  So as a way to
color-code cables, #35 should be pretty effective.

Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com