FW: [TowerTalk] KT36XA SWR PROBLEM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] KT36XA SWR PROBLEM
From: "Joe - KC2TN" <kc2tn@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:59:44 -0400
Peter,

        I upgraded mine a year ago and have plotted the VSWR as shown in the
attachment I sent to you. My only suggestion is to make your adjustments
with the antenna on a ladder or short pole about 10-15 feet off the ground
if possible.

As you can see in my graphs for each band the swr takes off just above the
phone band. So if your measurements are flat considerably above the phone
portion maybe you have to adjust your elements "out" a little.

        I will say that I assembled mine according to the specs with little
adjustment necessary.

Joe - KC2TN
"If you're sure of everything,
        and it still doesn't work,
           one of the things you're sure of is wrong!"