Re: [TowerTalk] Newbie

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Newbie
From: mcduffie@actcom.net
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:00:03 -0600
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:23:08 -0500, Bill Jackson wrote:

> I would wait a while on the tower and get some simple HF antennas up first.
> This will give you a chance to play on the air and find out what your real HF
> interests are.

Bill is spot-on with this.  Unless you've already been on the air
for several years, you have no idea what you will settle into and
enjoy doing.  Too many people are trying to start at the top (in all
of life) these days, and they have no idea what they missed learning
about on the way.  Throw up a chunk of wire and see what happens.
You need to learn how to fail before you can recognize when you've
succeeded.  That takes years.

Gary

--
a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t