[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] US Tower MARB550 Alternate Winch Questions

To: <tomrscott@sterlink.net>,"Antennas Reflector List" <antennas@mailman.qth.net>,"Tower Talk List - Postings" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] US Tower MARB550 Alternate Winch Questions
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:13:21 -0500
http://www.thern.com/products.htm

I've used one of their Worm Gear Hand Winches fitted with an chuck adapter
to a Milwaukee Hole Hawg right angle drill.
Works like a charm.

They have their own version with a different brand drill.

My old Wilson, forerunner to US Towers, doesn't have positive pull down.
So I must use caution if it's windy during retraction.

PS. Hole Hawg Drills go for $350 at Home Depot or thereabouts.