[TowerTalk] Rotor or Control Cable, Heavy Duty Disconnects: Use outAND

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor or Control Cable, Heavy Duty Disconnects: Use outAND inside(for quick..
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:47:34 EDT
Hi folks, I just saw Scott's inquiry today so likely I'm late to help.  In
this case, we can't ship "yesterday" but most of time, same day, orders recvd
by
Noon EST.

Use these outside and very useful inside to quick disconnect your rotor or
other control cable for lightning/surge protection.

    Hvy Duty 8 and 6 connects.  They are HD due to the extra rubber material
that is molded, plus the wire gauges(2-# 12 and 6-#14).  A real nice
connector.  I replaced the cheaper type on my trailer with this.  We throw in a
piece
of AMP Cold Fusion Tape (no heat required, not at all sticky or messy when
handling)  Mil Spec and waterproof !! (not just "moisture" proof).  Using the
AMP
Fusion Tape on these connectors, the connection can sit in water!

   They come in male or female or a set of both with 8 " wires out of the
female and 6" from male .  Color coded:  2 are # 12 (hefty!!) ;and 6 are # 14

8 cond M&F set:   $6.75   (regular S&H of $ 4.00 reduced to $ 2.00 for any of
these connectors) plus UPS cost

Individual M or F:  8 cond:  $ 4.15 ea

6 cond:  Set of M&F: $ 4.00,   6 cond M or F:  $ 2.50

10 day from deliv'y  FULL SATISFACTION or full refund less UPS charge to send
to you, on ALL stock items (some terms apply for coax cable, etc.)

PN's:  TMF8 (pair)  or TF8, or  TM8     M=male F=female (sorry folks but some
new code frees haven't yet got the experience.  The test really ought to ask
to explain the "4 Keys to Connector ID's"   HI)

6 cond:  same PN's as above but, you know, I won't even bother    HI

For more info on Times LMR and Andrew Heliax (both priced lower than any
other we are aware of);   Amp Cold Fusion Tape, or "Bury-Flex"; commercial
grade
RF connectors, various coaxes, insulators, "the staples of aerials," etc. visit
:
www. DavisRF.com   Go to the "Amateur Radio" section. For Items not shown
there:  go back to Home Page, click on "Satellite Site" located in the text
body
near bottom of Home Page.

If you have any questions at all, contact me or any of our staff in NH or MA.
73, Steve Davis, K1PEK

~ Davis RF Co., Div. of  Davis  Associates  Wire  and  Cable, LLC:
Distribution to numerous industries,  Price Leader in Andrew
Heliax;  Times Microwave LMR; RFS Celwave and others.
Cable design engineering.  RF Peripherals.
www.davisRF.com

Tel:  1-800-328-4773 (1-800-DAVIS RF)   Tech'l: 1-978-369-
1738,  Fax:  1-978-369-3484

~ DAVIS/ORION Marine Wire and Cable Co., Distribution and           Design:
UL/USCG Marine Stds.

~ Orion Wire Corp., Design Engineers of Specialty/Custom Cable

Tel:  1-800-328-4773, 1-603-787-2200  Fax 1-603-787-2221,
email:  j_stimson@davis-orionwiregroup.com
www.davisRF.com