Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian LM470 review requested

To: <gdaught6@Stanford.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian LM470 review requested
From: "Paul Playford" <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:29:33 -0000
On my LM470 the thrust bearing alignment is moderately critical.  I align it
to the center of the tube at the top of the tower by eyeballing the thrust
bearing in, tighten the screws and the rotating the mast (no rotator) and
check for binding.  If it still binds I readjust the thrust bearing.  Trial
and error until the mast does not bind.

And then I removed the rotator, installed a wood plate on the bottom side of
the rotator mounting plate, lowered the mast until it rests on the wood
plate and drew an outline of the mast on the wood plate.  I even moved the
mast around on the plate to find where the rotator center wanted to be.
Then I used the new center to remount my rotator.

No binding now with stacked long boom monobanders for 10, 15 & 20 meters.
T2X rotator.