[TowerTalk] RE: Antenna Spacing

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Antenna Spacing
From: "WI8W" <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:45:19 -0000
Thanks for the suggestions.

Putting the A3 on top is out of the question. It is the heaviest of all the
antennas.  In fact it weighs more than the other 3 combined.

It will be a christmas tree stack with the A3 on the bottom.

So if I follow the 1/2 wave rule.  I can get the following

Start with the A3,  2 feet above the top thrust bearing.

1/2 wave on 6 meters is 3 meters or about 9 feet 10 inches above the A3 that
leaves about 3 feet 2 inches above the 6 meter antenna.

Stick the 2 meter antenna exactly half way between the A3 and the 6 meter
beam and mount the 432 beam on the top.

I have the dual band vertical for 2M/440 but I only use it locally so it is
mounted on top of the garage.  The 2 meter beam has both vertical and
horizontal elements for SSB/FM work.

The mast is 25 feet of J55 tubing 1.9 inches OD with a 3/16 inch wall with
10 feet inside the tower running through  two thrust bearings, one on top
and another 26 inches above the rotor. Rotor is a 1000DXA

sound like a plan?

73

Thom WI8W