[TowerTalk] 5el-20m KLM monobander-High SWR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 5el-20m KLM monobander-High SWR
From: DF3KV@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:47:41 EDT
>I don't think a 32" tower would have any effecton 20 meters. Is there
another antenna near >the20, or a set of guy wires?Sometimes antenna analyzers
tell
lies. If youwere using an >analyzer, try your measurementwith a regular swr
bridge.Otherwise, there must be >something wrong withthe antenna.

>Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ

Thank you Dave,

I tested with  a swr-bridge today and found the same result.
There are no guy wires or antenna wires around, but there is
a hygain 204BA  36feet above, 90° off direction.
Before I put up the KLM-beam I checked the 204BA with
SWR 1.01 at 14.160 which moved now to 14.150.
Unfortunately it was a bit windy today, so I will do more test
hopefully on the weekend

73
Peter