Re: [TowerTalk] Dazed and Confused in downtown Goodrich, MI

To: k8ze@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dazed and Confused in downtown Goodrich, MI
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:03:52 -0500
Mike,
Each different size section of Universal tower has its own rotor plate size that fits exactly within that size section.
to get the 14" rotor plate in a 14" section:

1. remove the u-bolts from the rotor plate.
2. place the rotor plate in the position you desire by 'tipping' it into position with one flange outside each leg. You will find it fits best just ABOVE a horizontal brace.
3. tip the rotor plate back down so the three flanges line up with the legs.
4. insert the u-bolts around the legs and through the flanges.
5. tightened u-bolts.
6. insert rotor
7. complete installation [usually easiest and most efficient to attach the rotor to the rotor plate AFTER the mast is tightened within the top of the rotor.

My 14" sections/rotor plates support everything up to a T2X with little problem EXCEPT sliding the T2X into the tower section FIRST _MAY_ make it slightly easier to attach to the rotor plate later!]

Good luck
73
Don
N8DE

Mike Switzer wrote:
Hi All

I recently purchased 8 sections of 14" Universal Towers Aluminum tower. I
am getting ready to finish the assembly and wanted to mount the rotor and
thrust bearing. The rotor plate does not mount into the tower in any way
that is what I would call satisfactory. Has anyone had any experience with
this? Also I have 2 older tail twisters and would like to update them with
the pig tail connector that came on the later models. I have been to the
web site and found a kit but there are not any pictures to confirm what is
being sold. I think it is what I want but hard to tell with out visual
aids. So has anyone ordered any of these and are they what I think they
are?

mike

K8ZE

k8ze@charter.net