Re: [TowerTalk] Posting replies BACK to the group...

To: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Posting replies BACK to the group...
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:34:41 -0400
At 01:29 PM 10/24/03 -0700, Dino Darling wrote:
Steve (LXC), this is your list to administer as you see fit. Would it be appropriate to ask you if we could POLL the membership and see what they think? It still goes your way, but I'd bet that many here would like to see the exchange between posters.

I for one, think this is a bad idea. It is a lot easier to hit "reply all" or the equivalent, and just keep in mind whether or not the reflector would be interested, than it is to remember which reflectors default one way and which the other. I suggest that reply to the sender should be the rule, to save everyone from the embarrassment that can result when a private message to a friend goes to 1000 people.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 3.
2440 stations are listed -- 104 stations were added or updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm