Re: [TowerTalk] Where to point beverage antenns

To: kg1d@earthlink.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Where to point beverage antenns
From: "ted demopoulos" <kr1g@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:04:19 +0000
A fairly easy one is to make it a two wire beverage reversible that you can use NE or SW. My two wire beverages are spaced 12" and I use a single coax and Ameritron switch box.
I've got beverages NE, SW, NW, SE, and E/W (di-directional).

Certainly NE is the most often used. After that, I guess it depends on whether your a DXer or contester to some extent.
SE is a great direction, covering Carribean and South America.
West is used pretty commonly by me for the Pacific.
NW I don't use much, although it is useful for JA. But it seems that often JA is better for me on the TX antennas (like this weekend on 80m) on this path
SW is good for the Pacific too, Zone 7, and often for JA/Asia as well.
East I rarely use in contests, but is used in DXing quite a bit.

So, if I was going to string another wire after NE, I'd probably do SE (or maybe 165 degrees) first if primarily a contester or a newer lowband DXer who needs lots of Carribean/SA, or West if primarily a contester

73
Ted KT1V