[TowerTalk] Commercial Antennas

To: "TowerTalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Commercial Antennas
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 07:33:53 -0000
I wonder if some radio club has ever borrowed HAARP for a weekend, and put
it on the Ham bands ? I've occasionally heard of Hams doing this with other
big antennas, such as broadcast rhombics and curtains, and the huge 990'
dish at Arecibo.

I wonder if anyone has any stories about Hams borrowing HUGE antennas ?

73s Tim EI8IC
The Home of the Global Overlay Mapper
See the review in QST December 2003