RE: [TowerTalk] US Towers TX-472MDPL Remote Control

To: 'Paul Playford' <>,, 'WD0M' <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] US Towers TX-472MDPL Remote Control
From: Ve6wz_Steve <>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 16:43:45 -0700
Also, I have seen six US Towers that have the motor driving a worm drive
which in turn drives a chain that drives the cable drum.  One of the 89
foot towers came down on me when the chain broke - a $12,000 OH S..T.
Stay away from that design as it is very dangerous.

Hmmm...should I be worried ??

What you are describing sounds like the standard US tower crank-up
design.  I've never heard of the chain breaking.  How common is this?
Have others experienced this problem??

Steve ve6wz.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.