[TowerTalk] some random thoughts on the SteppIR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] some random thoughts on the SteppIR
From: "Mel Martin" <ve2dc@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:26:06 -0500
Hmm... I just put up 10/15/20 monobanders on my 150' guyed tower... just too
high and inaccessible to take a chance on a SteppIR... but I have a
"problem" with the tuning of the 20M antenna... and it has to come back down
for a "tune-up"... makes you appreciate retuning with a software patch!

But I have a 50' selfstanding tower I think I'm going to use with a 3 el
steppIR for WARC/6 and high-angle 10/15/20... at that height I'm not too
worried if I have unexpected maintenance...

After a few years... maybe i'll consider the  6 el long boom SteppIR on the
big tower  ( Yes I know they only make a 4... I did say in a few years ;-) )

I'll tell you what I would like to see... a SteppIR for 30/40... hard to
make a smaller yagi work on the whole of 40M... something that could be
tuned for each band segment would be teriffic... and passive antennas are
not too reliable on that band anyway... Anyone know if such a project is
comtemplated at SteppIR?