Re: [TowerTalk] Re: linear loading

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: linear loading
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:28:24 -0800 (PST)
> But ON4UN also recommends linear loading AT THE BASE of a vertical to be
> BETTER (less ohmic loss) than a loading coil at the base...?
> Isnt that to the contrary of what you 2 wrote?
> 73 Con DF4SA

That is a false comparison.  The linear loading
is effectively center loading, which has an
advantage over bottom loading.  What I referred
to was center loading with a coil vs center loading
with linear loading.  Linear loading wires are
simply low-Q inductors.

Rick N6RK

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.