Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 40m beam with wires dangling down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: 40m beam with wires dangling down
From: gdaught6@Stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:26:40 -0800
Hi all,

> I had a 3ele of that sort up for a few years, made of 14m fiberglas elements,
> (7m either side) with approx 3.5m wire dangling down either side.
> Worked very well, only in windy situation the dangling wires start swinging
> and so does the SWR and (I presume) the pattern.

> At 10:15 05.11.2003 -0500, WA3GIN wrote:
> >One could argue that bending the element 90 degrees does not have the
> >effects you discibe as linear loading.

I can't visualize how this works.  On an aluminum antenna, sure.  But how does
hanging a wire on the end of the fiberglas tubes of a steppir do much of
anything?  If
you can get electrical contact to the tape inside, ok.

Can someone help me with what I'm (obviously) missing?

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT