RE: [TowerTalk] Lightning, surge protection

To: "'Towertalk'" <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Lightning, surge protection
From: "Doug Rehman" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:38:19 -0500
An old radio tech trick: put 1/8 amp fuses in line with your telephone line
(one in line with each wire). The fuses will virtually always blow before
any equipment on the line can be damaged.

About 8 years ago, our phone line was aerial on the power poles coming back
to our property. One of the poles took a direct hit- it literally blew the
phone cable off of the pole and burned it in half. The only thing I lost was
the 1/8 amp fuses...

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.