[TowerTalk] Remote switching design choice

Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote switching design choice
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:28:17 -0500
Can someone explain to me why some remote antenna switch manufacturers use a scheme that supplies 12V to the relay box and switch the ground side of the relays to select antennas, while others supply a common connection and switch the 12V to the desired relay? I can't see an advantage one way or the other, and it does have the effect of creating incompatibility among makers' hardware.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current?