Re: [TowerTalk] R25 towers

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] R25 towers
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:21:22 EST
In a message dated 11/10/03 10:03:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,

> I am putting up several 60 foot R25 towers and will be using the Rohn 25
>  flat base. I would like to bolt the base plate to a concrete pad. What do
>  you use? Threaded rod epoxyed into the pad? Expanding bolts?

    Either one is FB. You'll need to rent either a roto-hammer or concrete
corer to get into the concrete. Then either technique is a slamdunk. Your local
hardware store will probably have the all-thread and the epoxy and not the
expansion bolts so the former would be easier.

    There's not much stress in a small tower installation like this so you
don't need anything exotic; i.e. special epoxy.

Steve    K7LXC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.