[TowerTalk] Using Trylon Sections to Support Rohn 25?

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Trylon Sections to Support Rohn 25?
From: Colburn <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:51:17 -0500
From the picture these appear to be made of angle iron.

Once the house is built, or perhaps while it is being built, I plan to erect a 60' Rohn 25 tower (hate climbing anything taller).

Since I am only paying $100. for the Trylon I have a thought of saving the hassle of guy wires by setting 50' of the Trylon on each side of the Rohn 25 to provide strength. Good, bad, ugly idea? Why?

If I can find a base hinge I also have thoughts of using the Trylon to
stabilize the Rohn 25 during raising and lowering (I have a couple of extra sections of Rohn 25 to set in concrete for the 60' section to rest upon). Am I missing anything or does this sound OK as well?

Thanks & 73, doc kd4e