Re: [TowerTalk] stuck tower

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stuck tower
From: "Larry Stowell" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:17:49 -0500
My crank-up(aluminum) has stop blocks that engage at each horizontal brace.
Its spring loaded so going up is hands off, coming down you have to manually
release it by pulling down on a rope. When it is all the way down there are
blocks welded to support each section. I always take the tension off the
cable whether its up or down. I also use pre-lube, so far so good. If I
couldn't have a crank-up I couldn't have a tower.

Larry WA2SRY

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.